What is the job description for a Construction Director?
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of 10 years experience working with American Codes and Standards in building construction.
Structural Engineer registered either in America or Western Europe (American National would be considered as preferable). Must have good, practical working knowledge of Concrete reinforcement design (rebar) and of concrete placement
Proven Track record in multi-discipline project management (Building construction)
He or she is responsible to the Project Manager for the implementation of these works in a safe manner meeting the quality, cost and schedule goals of the project. The Construction Manager will be based full time on the project site and his specific duties will include:
• Finalize and issue the site HSE Plan and Procedures.
• Finalize and issue the site Quality Control requirements.
• Construction schedule development and input.
• Estimating and Establish Construction Budgets.
• Input to and coordination of the cost and schedule programs to be implemented in the field.
• Full implementation of this Construction Execution Plan in the field.
• Coordination and direction for all construction matters and issues.
• Monitor the performance of the project from a construction perspective.
• Initiate and direct safety audits.
• Initiate and direct quality audits.
• Provide construction procedures as required.
• Expedite home office response when required.