What is the job description for a Construction Facilities Manager?
Administers day-to-day facilities functions. Coordinates office maintenance services, such as furniture maintenance, painting, small office repairs, security, housekeeping, conference room and catering management, equipment/supply purchasing and other facility related duties. Trains and establishes work schedules for direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overall management of the offices facilities and services including formulation and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation.
• Coordinates with and oversees all lease and contracts for goods and services (furniture/equipment purchases; contracted services for cleaning, courier, travel, maintenance, renovations and supplies).
• Contact person with property manager and advises Director on tenant and security issues.
• Coordinates office maintenance services, such as furniture maintenance, painting, small office repairs, security, housekeeping, conference room set-ups, equipment/supply purchasing and other facilities duties.
• Coordinate Building ID cards for permanent and long-term temp employees.
• Liaison with Building for any floor service requests, such as conference room cleaning, adjust HVAC, change light bulbs, freight elevator reservations, contacting vendors to install lobby signs, service coffee machines, repair desk and file cabinet drawers, etc.
• Liaison with cafeteria vendor relating to equipment maintenance and other facilities related issues.
• Interacts with outside suppliers and vendors, to ensure quality service and to investigate and resolve problems.
• Oversees the purchases of catering and conference center supplies.
• Responsible for supply inventory, ordering, receiving, checking and submitting invoices for approval.
• Participates in choosing vendor(s) and evaluating catering supplies and services.
• Maintains statistics on stock levels, usage, etc… and participates in budget preparation in this area
• Generally responsible for routine site maintenance and other duties as assigned
• Any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Director of Administration.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or relevant job experience equal to ten years of progressively responsible work experience, preferably legal or some other professional service organization, interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff. Must possess and demonstrate commitment to professional excellence, superior interpersonal and communications skills; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills; the ability to work as a team member as well as independently under pressure; must be service-oriented, adaptable to change, and a highly positive, motivated, creative, and results-oriented. Must have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have experience with Webview Elite, Softwise, Filesurf, Outlook or similar software products.